Saturday 5 December 2020
VENUE: INTEGRATED HEALTH OTAGO
- Trevian House (Ground Floor), 60 Tennyson Street, DUNEDIN 9016
10AM to 3PM
$250 + GST
Complimentary Orthotic Starter Pack valued at $195
This course presents a foundational understanding of lower limb biomechanics, teaching biomechanical assessment techniques and practical in-clinic orthotic prescription, modification & fitting.
This event will a mix of theory and practical sessions – with 4 hours of learning plus a 1 hour Q & A time. The guest speaker (Joshua Kielt) will appear via video link from Australia, with NZ Physiotherapist, Kore Tombs, in person to provide hands-on practical training & facilitate discussion.
At the completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
Evaluate & treat forefoot mechanics, including:
- Perform Lower Limb Biomechanical Assessment using a unique Assessment System
- Identify Neutral Calcaneal Stance Position (NCSP)
- Assess for Structural Leg Length Discrepancy
- Create Orthotic Prescription based on the Assessment Findings
- Fit Orthotics: Heat & mould orthotics to the patient's STJN & modify accordingly
Perform in-clinic orthotic modification, including:
- Forefoot Valgus & Forefoot Varus
- Plantarflexed 1st Ray
- Dorsiflexed 1st Ray
- Plantar fascial groove to treat tight Fascia
- Extrinsic & intrinsic metatarsal dome for Metatarsalgia & Mortons Neuroma
- 1st Metatarsal deflection to treat Plantarflexed 1st
- Forefoot varus & valgus posting
- Morton's Extension for HAV, Dorsiflexed 1st & Hallux Limitus
Delegates will be provided access to online course content and reading upon registration.
In addition, a Starter Pack valued at $195 will be provided to all delegates.
For more information, please contact Jacqui by phone: 03 466 7227 or email: email@example.com