The International College of Biomechanics and Orthomedical NZ will offer continuing professional development courses and workshops on lower limb biomechanics, orthotic therapy and product application. New Zealand workshops are to be scheduled for 2018. For more information go to: www.icbacademy.com.
The Lower Limb Biomechanics Orthotics Therapy online course is a great tool when looking to expand your lower limb biomechanical knowledge and integrate orthotic therapy into the clinical treatment regime.
Topics covered include:
- Lower Limb Biomechanical Theory
- Motions of the Foot
- Foot Positions & Subtalar Joint Neutral
- Common Presenting Conditions: Assessment & Treatment
- Assessment Techniques: Rearfoot, Forefoot, Range of Pronation
- Tibial Torsion: Assessment & Effects
- Lower Limb Biomechanical Assessment System
- Prescribing & Fitting Orthotics
- Orthotic Modification Techniques
ICB Online Training & Education Channel on youtube demonstrates patient assessment techniques, orthotic heat moulding, orthotic modification techniques, and taping methods. The channel also walks the viewer through the orthotic selection process, offering advice on which density and style or orthotic is most appropriate for each patient and their footwear. This channel is a great online resource and can also be used to assist in biomechanical explanations direct to patients.